Reformer tubes normally used in the refining, petrochemical and fertilizer industries are manufactured by the centrifugal casting process and heat-resistant austenitic alloys such as HK -40, HP-40, and HP -Niobium modified materials. Process gas is passed under pressure through vertical tubes filled with catalyst and, since high temperatures (up to 950 C) are required to maintain the required chemical reaction, the outside of the tubes are heated by burners in a large furnace.
VEEM Ltd can supply Timcast “Centri Bar” reformer tubes either “as cast” or fully fabricated with full traceability and NATA certification for mechanical, chemical, and NDT to meet most international standards.
Timcast “Centri Bar” is manufactured in accordance with following accreditations and or registrations where relevant:
- ISO 9001:2008 – quality
- ISO 14001:2004 – environmental
- ABS foundry Approval
- DNV foundry Approval – CU3
- GL foundry and welding approval – CU3
- IRS foundry approval – copper
- RINA approval
- Defence industrial security program Cert AF 7294940
- Lloyd register approvals
NATA registrations for:
- Acoustic and Vibration Measurement
- Chemical Testing
- Non Destructive Testing (Mag, Liq Pen, MP PT &Visual Insp)